MOSAIC ARTIST LINKS
The following links are to mosaic artists and mosaic organizations. We have also have a rapidly expanding ARTIST REGISTRY for visual artists of other media, including fine art painting, sculpture, graphic art, folk art, etc.
- Mosaic Art Supply
- This is our comprehensive mosaic supply site featuring hundreds of different glass mosaic tiles, mosaic marble, Italian millefiori, smalti, glass gems, mosaic tables, tools, glass cutters, grout and glue. Everything you need to get started now, plus free mosaic instructions posted at the website.
- Showcase Mosaics
- Contemporary mosaic artists Carl and Sandra Bryant create fine art, custom mosaic murals, floors, backsplashes and public art.
- A great site for cement sculpture and mosaic sculpture.
- Dominic makes wonderfully ORIGINAL hand-blown glass pieces specializing in lighting. Take a look at his site to see what is possible in glass. The colors are striking!
- Valerie Carnet
- Valerie Carnet makes wonderful picassiette furniture (encrusted with shards of plates) and pictorial mosaics, and she always has time and advice for aspiring artists. There is very good art on the site, and Valerie offers structured classes.
- Anima Ceramic Design
- Handmade ceramic tile and custom mosaic studio. Beautiful tiles with stars, fish, etc embossed into the clay and fired brilliant colors. Great selection of custom tiles for kitchen, bath or around the fireplace.
- Bizantina Mosaics
- This is a great site to visit if you are considering making a classic reproduction or a mosaic master copy of a painting. Annette Cossentine’s work is done with great skill and care. The website is a nice work of art as well.
- Ladybug Hill
- This is Dawnmarie Zimmerman’s site. It has excellent illustrated instructions for making a mosaic covered table top and other pieces. (See the Dolphin Table Diary.) Dawnmarie is very helpful and knowledgeable.
- Mosaic Matters
- “The Online Magazine for All Things Mosaic.” This is a great mosaic resource with a large number of links to suppliers and artists.
- Mosaics by Ariel
- Artist Ariel Finelt is pursuing her own vision while actively working to share the mosaic craft with others.
Ariel teaches ongoing classes at Out of the Blue Art Gallery in Cambridge, MA. Anyone with an interest in learning mosaic techniques in the greater Boston area should email Ariel about availability.
- The Joy of Shards mosaics resource
- Rod’s site really captures some of the reasons I stumbled into the craft of mosaic, and should be seen by anyone who shares a love for the “mystique of found objects.” The site has a large amount of interesting content, including images of Rod’s own work and pique assiette installations in Europe, and there are numerous links that are worth book marking. Spend some time browsing this one, and make sure you check out Rod’s pictures of La Maison Picassiette.
- The Society of American Mosaic Artists
- A great source of information with links to mosaic galleries, artists, suppliers and other resources.
- This is Michele Petno’s site, and it is THE source for smalti. The smalti is Mexican, not Italian, and the price is much more reasonable. I prefer Mexican smalti over the more expensive Italian. The Liberty Table Mosaic is made from Mexican smalti, as is the Hermit Crab and other mosaics in the gallery.
- Sonia King Mosaic Artist
- Sonia King is one of America’s premiere mosaic artists, producing fine-art mosaics for galleries and architectural installations. Her work is very interesting and seems to draw on images derived from mineral banding, geology and other natural patterns.
- Robin Indar
- Robin Indar is a mosaic artist based in Northern California who creates bold, colorful works in tile and glass.
- Sunshine Glass
- A complete source of stained glass and cutting tools. Opalescent stained glass makes beautiful mosaics, and Sunshine is the most reliable vendor we have used at the studio. This site is highly recommended. Buy with confidence.
- Mosaic Beach Studio
- Tanya MacFarlane installs custom mosaic for home and office, and she teaches classes from her studio in Toronto. The site emphasizes mosaic furniture, mirrors, game boards and novel commissioned work. We are encouraging Tanya to carry tiles and supplies for the Canadian market.
- New Mexico Mosaics
- Want to see stone used in something other than a reproduction of a Roman mosaic? Go to Elizabeth Hunt-Klinksiek’s new site and make sure you check out the “Tres Osos” table. Great use of natural stone colors in a design inspired by Native American forms . Lots of motion! We are excited to see what comes next.
- Laura Aiken
- This is Laura Aiken’s new site for promoting her custom design work. The gallery features mirrors, plaques, tables and other mosaic pieces. Available for mosaic signs and other commission work.
- Phoenician Arts
- Roman reproductions and original mosaics created by Lebanese artists in natural stone.
- Mosaic Borders
- Exclusive range of glass mosaic tiles from India.
We have also have a rapidly expanding ARTIST REGISTRY for visual artists of other media, including fine art painting, sculpture, graphic art, folk art, etc.
We have a page with instructions for how to link to Riverson Fine Art.